Thursday, February 16, 2012

Custom Ladder Rosary


In 2004 I was contacted by Ave Maria University in Southern Florida.  They asked me to create a number of ladder rosaries to be given as gifts to the founders of the University.  
The original prototype rosary was made with 8mm Tanzanite Austrian Cut Crystal beads.  


It was soon decided that cobalt blue Czech glass beads were more of a match for the design. I was then also asked to do traditional rosaries for the students. 


The center medal was custom made to read the University's name on the reverse. 


I was very honored to be commissioned to do these beautiful rosaries.  It pleases me to know that there are so many wonderful rosaries about the world that were made by my own hands. 

I have kept one of each design for my own personal collection, which numbers over a hundred rosaries.  Someday I will post more about those rosaries too. 



 Thanks again for stopping by!

Peace be with you,
Shannon








No comments:

Post a Comment