Monday, August 15, 2011

Feast Day of The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary


There are so many beautiful images of Our Mother Mary, it is hard to pick one favorite.  Today I have found a few depicting the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin.  


I have a special devotion to the Blessed Mother, I have long felt her hands upon mine as I create rosaries in her honor and that of her Son, Our Lord Jesus 
Christ. 


I can only pray that one day I shall see her face to face, and thank her for the blessings she has placed upon these hands.


Can you just imagine the awe and wonder of the Mother of God being taken up into Heaven, whether it be with the aid of Angels or by Our Father's invisible hand?


I am sure the Apostles were all saddened at her passing, but praise God, she is reunited with her Son at last.  




Thank you, Mary, for your "Yes."  Thank you for all that you do for me and mine, and all the world.  


Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.



3 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Thank you for this post!! It filled my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! I love all the images, some I have never seen. Hope you had a wonderful Monday filled with Marys love:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ladies! Blessings to you today and always!

    ReplyDelete