Saturday, March 21, 2015

O Mary, My Mother

 Bouguereau's L'Innocence


O Mary, my Mother

O Mary, my Mother, most lovely, most mild, Look down upon me, your weak lowly child; From the land of my exile I call upon thee; Then, Mary, my Mother, look kindly on me. O Mary, in pity look down upon me; 'Tis the voice of thy child that is calling on thee.

If thou shouldst forsake me, ah! where shall I go? My comfort and hope in this valley of woe! When the world and its dangers with terror I view, sweet hopes come to cheer me in pointing to you. O Mary, in pity look down upon me; 'Tis the voice of thy child that is calling on thee.

In sorrow, in darkness, be still at my side, my light and my refuge, my guard and my guide; Though snares should surround me, yet why should I fear? I know I am weak, but my Mother is near.  Then, Mary, in pity look down upon me; 'Tis the voice of thy child that is calling on thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment